- Racket Sports
- Swimming & Spa
- Tone Zone
- Contact Us
Children’s Swimming Lessons and Term dates 2020
Monday 6th January to Saturday 15th February
Monday 24th February to Saturday 28th March
Tuesday 14th April to Saturday 23rd May
Monday 1st June to Saturday 18th July
Please email Steve to enquire about holiday courses.
Learn to swim at Fort Stamford. A delightfully warm and inviting 16.6m pool with friendly, experienced instructors and staff. Steve Langman runs the Fort Stamford’s swimming lessons, co-ordinating the lessons and the administration side of the operation. Steve has been competing in the sport of swimming, water polo, and life saving since he was 11 years old, and coaching in swimming and water polo for the last 30 years. Steve has his level 1 and 2 in teaching aquatics (learn to swim), and he heads up the team of qualified coaches.
Your child will have fun and enjoy their lessons while learning to swim and achieve badges, etc. The lessons will take children through the levels of moving freely in water, recognised swimming strokes, coaching and improving swimming, and life saving techniques.
Fort Stamford has plenty of free, onsite parking, lovely big changing rooms for easy changing facilities, free storage lockers, and is the perfect family friendly place to go for a coffee, or a bite to eat in the restaurant after your swim.
To enquire/ book your child into swimming lessons for the first time, e-mail Steve on email@example.com To assist the enquiry, please answer the following questions in your message :
- Child’s name?
- Age and sex of the child?
- Can your child swim without any aids? If so, how far can they swim on their front and their back?
- Is your child comfortable putting their face in the water?
- Will your child jump into the water without help?
- Can your child tread water?
- Is your child able to swim correct strokes, i.e. front crawl, backstroke, breast stroke and butterfly?
- Does your child have a preference towards specific activities, i.e. life-saving, synchronised swimming, water polo, surfing etc?
- Has your child had swimming lessons before, if so where and when?
- Does your child have any special needs or requirements that a swimming teacher should be aware of?
Steve’s website can be accessed by clicking here www.stevelangmanswimming.co.uk
TURTLE TOTS at Fort Stamford 2020
Welcome to Turtle Tots Plymouth & West Devon
*** COVID-19 UPDATE: Following the latest government updates issued late afternoon yesterday, we are having to suspend all Turtle Tots lessons with immediate effect. This is to ensure we are supporting the public health initiatives to limit the spread ***
My name is Becky and I would like to welcome you to Turtle Tots Plymouth and West Devon.
Turtle Tots have exclusive use of this fantastic facility for our classes and Fort Stamford offers one of the warmest pools in the region. Babies need to be 12 weeks or 12lbs in weight to start swimming at Fort Stamford. You will learn to swim with your baby both above and below the water. Your little one will develop water confidence, key lifesaving skills, and importantly, it is also a great bonding experience, you will both have fun and a fantastic opportunity to meet other families. ✨💚
Fort Stamford has plenty of free, onsite parking, lovely big changing rooms for easy access and baby changing facilities, free storage lockers, and is the perfect family friendly place to go for a coffee or a bite to eat in the restaurant after your swim. 😊
Monday’s 2.00pm-3.30pm from 6th Jan – 9th March
(excluding the half term week – 17th Feb)
Tuesdays 2.30pm-4.00pm from 7th Jan – 10th March
(excluding the half term week – 18th Feb)
Our Winter term is 10 weeks long taking you right up to Easter. Classes are £13 per session so the term will cost £130. Payment can be made in full or you also have the option to pay monthly by Direct Debit. 😊
For class availability, information and all booking enquiries, please contact Becky Davies email: firstname.lastname@example.org | 07469082492.
You can also follow us on Facebook, click on the following link and ‘like’ our page https://www.facebook.com/TurtleTotsPlymouthandWestDevon/ to keep up to date with our latest news and FREE prize draws!
I hope you will come and join in the fun and learn to swim the Turtle Tots way!
Turtle Tots Spring Term
Spring Term Dates: 16th March – 14th June 2020
Holiday Dates: 30th March – 13th Apr (Easter Monday) & May half term (25th-31st May)
= 9 weeks for Monday classes Monday 2.00pm-3.30pm
= 10 weeks for Tuesday classes. Tuesday 2.30pm-4.00pm
Next 15 Sessions
- ADULT MEMBERS SWIMWednesday, 7:00 am - 10:00 amAdult members only
- MEMBERS LEISURE TIMEWednesday, 10:00 am - 11:55 amMembers and family only
- ADULT SWIMWednesday, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmAdults only
- LEISURE TIMEWednesday, 2:15 pm - 4:00 pmOpen to all
- SWIMMING LESSONSWednesday, 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmBooking Required
- ADULT MEMBERS SWIMWednesday, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pmAdult members only
- ADULT MEMBERS SWIMThursday, 7:00 am - 10:00 amAdult members only
- MEMBERS LEISURE TIMEThursday, 10:00 am - 11:55 amMembers and family only
- ADULT SWIMThursday, 12:00 pm - 12:20 pmAdults only
- SWIMMING LESSONSThursday, 1:45 pm - 3:15 pmBooking Required
- LEISURE TIMEThursday, 3:15 pm - 4:00 pmOpen to all
- SWIMMING LESSONSThursday, 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmBooking Required
- ADULT MEMBERS SWIMThursday, 7:00 pm - 7:45 pmAdult members only
- ADULT MEMBERS SWIMThursday, 8:15 pm - 10:00 pmAdult members only
- ADULT MEMBERS SWIMFriday, 7:00 am - 10:00 amAdult members only
No upcoming events for today
© Fort Stamford Gym, Health & Fitness, Plymouth
All Rights Reserved